Dear valued customer and prospective member:
As you may be aware, in an effort to respond to the privacy concerns of Canadians, the federal government enacted the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA"). The purpose of PIPEDA, in general terms is to regulate the private sector's collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
We would like to take this opportunity to inform you about the personal information that we collect, how it is used, how we protect its confidentiality and your rights in respect of this information.
The nature of personal information we collect may include:
- Information we receive from you such as your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, languages and hobbies.
- Financial information such as credit card numbers or credit reference information
- Identifying information, such as a driver's license
The Concordia Club uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To set up a membership database, tracking years of membership, committee & group membership, membership rewards and enabling us to mail to you our monthly newsletter.
- To process membership payments and admission ticket purchases
- To have a membership list admitting members to our membership meetings
- To invite you to special functions based on age
- To send out birthday cards at certain anniversaries
- To track farm card access
- To track farm lot usage
- To respond to you and your inquiries
We recognize that your information is private and we will not share this information with a third party unless prescribed by law or you have given specific consent. Credit card information is only used to process a purchase and is not kept on file.
You have the right to request access to your personal information, which we have collected and request amendments to personal information about you to ensure its accuracy and completeness. To make a request for access to personal information we may collected, or used about you or to request that your personal information be amended, please contact our privacy officer, Mr. Peter Pijet, Manager.
We want you to ensure that you understand our need to collect and use personal information in providing our membership services. Please feel free to contact us if you have any concerns about the collection and use of your personal information by the Concordia Club. Should you wish to withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information, please contact our office, however members must also realize that a minimal amount of personal information is required in order to continue to provide membership services.
By providing your information to us you have consented to these uses and disclosures.
Peter Pijet, Manager